Wolf

Wolf

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Old World Gondola Ride




On June 20th, 2017 our adventure took us to Indianapolis, Indiana to take a Gondola ride. I have never been on one of these boats before and I have to say this was a very neat experience. Our Gondolier was so nice and friendly and he had an amazing voice ( you are serenade while you are on the boat).
It felt like we were transported to Venice and all of the old world charm. We took the 30 minute ride that takes you down the canal  and we could not have been happier.
I think it is so neat that you can find stuff like this not far from you are without having to travel the world. I would have never thought that a Gondola ride would be in Indiana. 
I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a different date night, a fun time out or a wedding proposal.  
You board at the Fresco Cafe and you are allowed to take drinks with you on the boat. You can purchase drinks and food at the cafe.
I will be doing this ride again, next time I think I will do a night one as it will be so pretty with the canal all lit up.
The cost of the 30 minute ride is $30.00 per person ( $25.00 plus 20% gratuity) it is so worth the price. 
They also offer private rides that are $ 150.00 plus 20% gratuity for 30 minutes or 60 minutes for $300.00 plus 20% gratuity. 
Like I said you board the boat at the Fresco Cafe and that is located at 340 W. Michigan Street. You can park across the street for $5.00 for all day. You then will cross the street and take the stairs down to the canal. 
Disclaimer: All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself and can not be used without our permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment