Wolf

Wolf

Monday, July 4, 2016

Penguin Encounter at Newport Aquarium



We went to the Newport Aquarium to do the Penguin Encounter. If you are an animal lover like I am then this is something that you have to do.
This is such an awesome experience. Never did I think I would ever be this close to a penguin and get to touch one.
This is a private 20 minute session that allows you to see and touch these sweet babies. At the encounter they allow 15 guest to go back and visit with them.
We had 2 staff members who took us back and they were so sweet and told us a lot of information about the penguins. You sit on this bench and they let the penguins just waddle around. They come up to you and you can pet them. I was so in love, they are so stinking cute. You can take pictures and videos and towards the end of your visit they bring this rock like around and they put it in front of you and one of the penguins will get on it and a staff member from the aquarium will take pictures of you that you can purchase if you want. The beautiful model that we had in our photo was Blueberry and let me just say she is a great model, she is so beautiful.
There is a separate cost to do the encounter. For nonmembers of the aquarium it is $26.99 per person and for members it is $21.59 per person. They only do the encounters at certain times and you have to be in the meeting area  at least 10 minutes before.
I would recommend this to everyone. It is such a neat experience that I know I will remember for a life time. I will post the video of us getting to pet Blueberry. 
Disclaimer: All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself and can not be used without our permission.  







2 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] I can clearly see that you like animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do :)
    Thank you so much for taken the time to read my blog. I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete