Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Zombie Nativity Scene



I have heard so much about this Zombie Nativity Scene that is located in Cincinnati, Ohio that I had to go and check it out for myself. This has been in the news and in papers around the world. Some people are calling it offensive and some say that this man should not be allowed to have this set up in his yard. Now I am not going to do this post and defend the man that owns the nativity nor am I going to be against him, I am just going to tell you what I thought about it when I went to see it. I am all for Christmas and I have a big love for Halloween. So I really do not see anything wrong with it. Like I said at the beginning of this blog this is set up in this mans own yard, at his house that he lives in with his son. It is not set up on some public place or some government place. So my whole issue I have with this is why does EVERYBODY thinks it is there business what everyone else does??? When we went to see this we had to turn down this little street and that is where his house sits. There is only about 2 other house on the street that we saw so my whole thing is if you don't like it don't look at it. Just drive on by and don't give it another thought. As I was waiting on Doug to take pics and looking at the Zombies I couldn't help but think if the man that owns this one had a regular nativity scene the same people would more then likely be complaining because he had Jesus in his yard. It seems that in this day and time people have so much time on their hands that they can set around and come up with a bunch of crap to complain about. They need to stop worrying about what other people are doing and mind their own business. If this scene is not for you then by all means don't look at it, don't go to it and most of all don't worry about it. Take some of that time that you are spending worrying about it and put that time and energy into something worth while like helping someone.
While we were there we met  Jason Dixon, the man that owns the nativity. He was a very nice man and his little boy was so cute and sweet. 
So here is my thoughts on the nativity..I chose myself to go and visit it, no one made me go. If it wasn't for me or if I didn't like it, I would just let it go and move on not go and start complaining about it.So if you don't like it don't GO simple as that. Yes this may not be the "traditional" nativity that people are use to seeing but so what. People are different and they have different likes and like I said if it is not hurting anyone then let it be. Plus people are complaining about the "traditional" ones also. 
I can not believe how EVERYONE is offended by EVERYTHING. People just need to chill out and do their own thing and let other people be. 
So I say Jason Dixon, I applaud you for taken a stand and doing your thing, I will be visiting you this coming Christmas if you still have your nativity scene.
Disclaimer: All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself.
  





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for going to check it out and your calm, reasonable assessment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for going to check it out and your calm, reasonable assessment.

    ReplyDelete