Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Haunted 1811 Jail in Augusta, Kentucky


We took a trip to Augusta, Ky and while we were there we check out the 1811 jail they have there. This is said to be the oldest standing jail in Ky. It is said to still have it's original foundation and that John Dillinger spent a night here when he was younger. It is neat to see how small and different jails were back then compared to what they look like today. 
This jail is also said to be haunted. There have been several paranormal groups that have done investigations there and they have heard footsteps, saw shadows and got some readings on their EVP's.
I like history so even if this place was not suppose to be haunted, I would still want to check it out. It sets in this very small park called Appleman Park. 
When we were looking around the building we did not see or hear anything out of the unusual. I want to find out who to contact and see about doing a ghost hunt inside. If we get to, I will do a post and let you know what we found.
If you have been to this place and have seen or heard anything please let me know. I would love to hear your stories.
Disclaimer:  All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself.
Facebook Group page: Lyinn and Doug's Haunted Adventures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment