Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Haunted Bonnyconnellan Castle Visit



If you know me then you know I LOVE castles. They are one of my favorite things. I love the architecture of them. There is something so beautiful and magical about them and if you throw in a ghost or two that makes them even that much better.
We visited the Bonnyconnellan Castle and let me just say this is one beautiful castle.
This castle sits high up on a hill and is guarded by gargoyles on each side of the steps and a ghost.
It was built in 1886 by John Loughlin with money he made from his Sidney school furniture company. It is built from granite blocks. 
It is said to be haunted by a man in a blue uniform who examines a wedding dress that is displayed on the stairs landing.
We took a lot of pictures and we did not see anything in them but when you are standing and looking at the house you get the feeling that someone from inside is watching you. The house has a gate at the bottom of the steps that is padlocked so there is no one that was inside but you still feel like someone is watching you out the window. Maybe it is the ghost of John Loughlin, I know if that was my house it would be hard for me to leave it even in death.
If you have been to Bonnyconnellan and have any pictures or stories please feel free to share them. I would love to learn more about this place. 
Disclaimer: All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself.
Join our Facebook group page at Lyinn and Doug's Haunted Adventures to see more pics and to share your experiences.











1 comment:

  1. We continue to receive gushing feedback from our guests about DC wedding venues. Their manager and his team really went above and beyond to ensure a seamless, special and magical event. I felt we got really lucky when we found out this space.

    ReplyDelete