Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Salt Festival at Big Bone Park



I was not going to do this post since I am behind on it but I figured since the festival will be going on again soon I would do it.
I took my parents and we went last year to the Salt Festival at Big Bone park. I am not trying to say anything negative about this event because I know that people like different things and not everyone likes the same stuff, but this was not for me. This was way to little house on the prairie for me. There was people that were staying in tents and some where dressed like they lived on little house. I am not into that kind of stuff, I went mostly for two reasons: one was to take my parents because my dad loves that kind of stuff and two was to check it out and see what it is all about since I have lived in Boone County almost 30 years and have never been to it. My dad loved it. I think most older people will like it. There is all kinds of events that take place, there is salt making, crafts, spear throwing, and lots more and also a lot of vendors set up. There is also food and drinks that you can purchase. They do charge you a fee to enter. I am not for sure how much it is this year.
The event takes place this year starting October 16 through the 18th. And like I said it is located at Big Bone Park.
I am sure my dad will be going this year but I think I will pass.  At least I went and saw what it is all about. If you have been please feel free to share your experiences and if you would like photos with us. I know this draws a large crowd and a lot of people really enjoy and that is great.
Disclaimer: All photos/videos are copyrighted of Doug and myself.





My dad checking out the wagon 



No comments:

Post a Comment