Wolf

Wolf

Sunday, February 1, 2015

NHL All Star Weekend



This past weekend we took a trip to Columbus, Ohio for the NHL All Star Weekend. This is a 3 day event that is a hockey lovers dream and leads up to the All Star Game!!!
We wen on a Saturday and let me just say this was an AMAZING time. There was players there and they had all kinds of things set up that you can do. Doug took the challenge to see if he could hit a hockey puck. Like I said they had some players there and I was there with the very high hopes that I could see Patrice Burgeon, but he was not there. But as my luck would have it, I saw pictures online that after we left they rolled out the red carpet and some of the players came down the carpet and singed things and posed for photos and wouldn't you know that Patrice was one of the players. Guess it was a good thing I was not there then because the poor guy might not had been able to play hockey after I got a hold of him...lol..
But on the bright side they did have a locker set up that was his that had all of his gear. So I did get to see his gloves, skates, stick , jersey and all of his other things. They also had all kinds of other things there. We got to meet Blades, the Boston Bruins mascot. Who as you all know the Bruins is my FAVORITE team. We also got to meet the Geico Gecko and the best part of the whole thing was are you ready for this????? We got to see and touch the Stanley Cup which was a dream come true for Doug. He said all he wanted to do was hug it and he got to. It was so cool to get to see this up close and touch it. 
They also had things going on outside of the building. They had a huge snow slide and it was a blast.
This was an amazing time. When this comes back again and if you or someone you know is a hockey fan make sure you go to this, you will have an awesome time.
Disclaimer: I am not getting paid to do this post nor did I receive anything.
Doug was pulled from the crowd to have his photo taken for some NHL publication. 









The closet I came to touching Patrice..lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment