Wolf

Wolf

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Devou Park and haunted Prisoners Lake. Covington, Ky



If you live in or near Covington, Ky. You most likely have visited the Devou Park. This is a 704 acre park that has everything from a fishing lake, a museum, a 18 hole golf course and a view that is breathtaking. 
There is places that you can have picnics and also play areas for kids. 
They also have an amphitheater that is home to the Kentucky symphony orchestra's summer concert series. 
This is a very beautiful park, you can spend the day walking or biking the trail or enjoying a picnics. 
My dad use to fish at the lake (that is called Prisoners Lake) all the time when I was younger. I have heard all the stories about the lake and how it is suppose to be haunted. I think spending alot of time at the park and lake with my dad is what got me interested in ghost hunting. 
There has been all kinds of stories about the lake from Mobsters bodies being dumped there, to the story of the two lovers who leaped into the lake, but this lake does not have a bottom. 
This lake is fed by natural springs so it stays cold all year long. 
I have always got a really strange feeling every time I would go to this lake. There was always the feeling that you were not alone and someone was watching you. I have had people tell me that they have been fishing by their self's and have heard sounds like moans coming from the lake. No telling what or who is in this lake. 
The Devou Park is located in Covington, Ky. 
If you know any stories or have hard anything about the lake being haunted let me know. I would love to hear more stories about this lake since I spent so much time there as a child.












1 comment:

  1. I don't know how it got the name prisoners lake. In your photos you don't see all the different ghosts? I seen a lot of ghosts that looked tied up or bound in just one of your photos

    ReplyDelete