Wolf

Wolf

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Wolf Creek Habitat. The most AMAZING experience that I have ever had.




Anyone who knows me knows I am a BIG animal lover. So last Sunday May 4th, 2014, I had one of the most AMAZING experience that I think I will ever have in my life. Doug took me to Wolf Creek Habitat. Not only did I get to see wolves, I also got to go into the enclosures and play, pet, and get tons of wolf kisses. Let me just say I was in heaven. I know this is an experience that I will treasure for a life time. The lady that took us in to the wolves was so very sweet and friendly. She told us so much about the wolves and were they came from and how they care for them. Wolf Creek Habitat was founded in 2000 by Terry and Kathy Baudendistel. They do not charge you to look at the wolves but they do accept donation. If you go into interact with the wolves they charge you a $20.00 donation. It is so well worth the $20.00. If you just want to view the wolves they have a raised platform that you can stand on and watch them, this is were Doug stayed and took photos. I took my dad into the first group, then I went into the next group without him. In that group there was 3 wolves and they were so playful and fun. 
I am a fan of the show Vampire Diaries and one of the actors Ian Somerhalder is a big fan of Wolf Creek. If you check out their web page they have a link that will tell you about him and what he has to say about Wolf Creek.
I have been to alot of places and have seen alot of things in my 44 years of life, but I have to say this topped everything that I have ever seen and done. I think it is so wonderful that these people take care of these animals and keep them safe. Without people like them, these beautiful animals would be killed. 
I am planning on going back in the winter so Doug can get some photos of the wolves in the snow and I hope I get wolf kisses again :)
Wolf Creek Habitat is located at 14099 Wolf Creek Road. Brookville, In. When you are going to their place just a word of warning the road is very narrow so just take your time in case another car is coming the other way.
Their website is www.wolfcreekhabitat.org
They are only open on the weekends. 
Disclaimer: I am not getting paid nor did I receive anything for doing this post. We paid more then the amount to interact with the wolves and for the gifts  we bought. 












The closet I will be to Ian Somerhalder 

No comments:

Post a Comment