Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Haunted Stonelick Covered Bridge



I love covered bridges, I think there is something so neat in the history of them and they are not something that they make anymore. A couple of months ago Doug took me to see one and I loved it. But not only was it a covered bridge it is also said to be haunted :)
We visited the Stonelick Covered Bridge in Milford, Ohio. It was built in 1878 and is the county's only remaining covered bridge. They still use the bridge, but the day we were there it was closed because it had some damage and they were repairing it. This bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it is 140 feet long.
Now for the haunted part. It is said that you can see an apparition of a hanging man while on the bridge. To see the man you have to stop on the bridge by the only window, and shut off your car. Flash your light three times, and according to the legend the hanging man will appear hanging by his neck from a tree and your car will not start until the man disappears.  I was not able to do this as the bridge was closed when we were there, but I think I might go back when it reopens and try it out. You never know you just might see something and if I don't it will still be fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment