Wolf

Wolf

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Duke Energy Holiday Train Display



We went to the Cincinnati Museum Center to see the Duke Energy Train Display. This is a beautiful display. In 2011 Duke Energy gifted the train display to the museum center. The Duke Energy Train display started in 1946. I loved seeing this, not only is there some neat train display the rest of the holiday set up is amazing. They have a castle that is absolute breath taken. I was told by one of the employees there that the castle was hand made. I think that was my favorite thing there. They also have two reindeer named Pogie and Patter that talk and interact with you. I loved them!!! They are from the former Pogue's Department store that use to be downtown. I think it is always nice when you see things that you might have visited when you were a child. 
When we were there Santa had not arrived yet, but they have his space beautifully set up. 
They have a Toys Through The Times which is a vintage toy exhibit. They have a train that the kiddies can take a ride on through the winter wonderland looking display where there is a bear and deer and lots of snow. The cost for the train ride is a $1.00 and lets just say that I would had loved to take a ride on the train but I was just a little to big and a lot to old..lol..
The talking reindeer's informed me and Doug that Santa will be there from November 29 through December 24. He takes a break from 1-2 daily. 
Pogie and Patter show times are 11a.m. and 3p.m. Monday through Friday, 11a.m., 1, 3, and 6p.m. Saturdays and Noon, 2 and 4p.m. on Sundays. 
Holiday junction is open November 8,2013 through January 5,2014. The hours are Monday through Friday 10a.m.- 5p.m.
Saturday 10a.m. - 8p.m.
Sunday 11a.m. - 6p.m.
Admission to the trains is $8.50 for adults and $6.50 for kids, that also includes admission to the History Museum. If you are a Duke Energy customer you can get free admission.
You can also buy tickets to all 3 of the museums for $ 12.50 for adults and $ 8.50 for kids and that includes the Holiday Junction.
I think everyone no matter what the age will love this. It has something for everyone and it will put you in the Christmas spirit. 
The Museum is located at 1301 Western Ave. Cincinnati, Ohio.
Disclaimer: I am not getting paid nor did I receive anything for doing this post. Even though I am not a Duke Energy costumer, I did get free tickets to see the display
                            The hand made Castle 
                                        Talking Patter and Pogie

                                        Had to sit in Santa's chair 
                                        Hanging out with Patter and Pogie



                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment