Wolf

Wolf

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Woolly Mammoths



When I was a kid and in school we use to always take field trips to the Cincinnati Natural History Museum when it was at its old location. If you guys know me, you know I love museums and I am a big fan of Mammoths and Dinosaur so I loved the Woolly Mammoths they had there. They used to be in front of the building near the corner of Gilbert and Elsinore down the hill from Mount Adams. Remnants of a castle are still at the corner. The museum was just north of there where a business  now stands. The museum was shut down in the 1980s, except for the planetarium. The museum was moved to the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal around 1990. I always wondered what happened to the Woolly Mammoths. Well with a little research I found them. A business bought them and has them on their front yard in Cincinnati. There is 4 of them, 2 big ones and 2 babies. You can now walk up to them and see them up close. I loved seeing them and it was nice to know that someone has gave them a home and they were not just throwed away.














No comments:

Post a Comment