Wolf

Wolf

Friday, November 25, 2011

Newport Aquarium and 40th Birthday!!!!

                                              

A couple of years ago I hit the BIG 4 0 I know it stinks..lol..but what are we to do about getting old I guess it bets the alternative. So for my BIG 40 we went to the Newport Aquarium for a visit and to have a little birthday celebration.   The Newport Aquarium has a variety of underwater exhibits. When you arrive, check the schedule to find out when there will be shows in the theater. If you love sharks this is the place for you. You can watch the sharks swim right over your head as you walk through an acrylic tunnel. In Shark Central, you can pet a shark, which was the highlight of my birthday. I loved it!!! You can feel what it is like to be inside a shark cage in the Great White Shark Cage Dive ( it's a film ). At the end of your visit, you are routed through an open air viewing area where you can see the shark tank from above.
You can also view alligators beneath you through a clear floor. One of my favorite pictures taken there is of me laying on the glass floor with a alligator looking up at me, it is the picture at the top of this blog. There is informative videos placed throughout the aquarium to help you learn more about the animals. When you visit  the aviary be sure to purchase nectar ( its a $1.00 ) to feed the lorikeets. They are so cute and the will land on you to feed on the nectar just be sure to hold the cup tight or they will take it away from you.

I loved my visit and birthday at the aquarium, it made turing 40 pretty fun.
The aquarium is located at 1 Aquarium Way. Newport, Ky.
There website is http://www.newportaquarium.com/
If you go make sure you pet the sharks. It will be something you will remember for ever. Hug's :)










 

 
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment